Did you know this was toxic?
That is quite the list. Now what is safe to give my pets?
Check Out the Safe List for Your Pets
Now What if My Pet Accidentally Eats a "Toxic" Food?
If your pet eats a food that is considered toxic to pets induce vomiting as soon as possible. If time of ingestion is within 3-4 hours you can induce vomiting to get the toxic food out of your dogs stomach. A way to induce vomiting at home is to give hydrogen peroxide. The dosage is 1mL per 5 pounds. So a 50 pound dog could have 25mL of hydrogen peroxide. If after 5 minutes the dog does not vomit, you can re-dose the hydrogen peroxide.
Otherwise call your local veterinary clinic as we can induce vomiting medically, or give insight to the situation.
Keep your pet's healthy, happy, and safe. If your pet has ingested a toxic food and is showing signs of poisoning please contact us to discuss your pet's best interest.
Stay tuned for our next post for Pet Poison Prevention Week March 16-22!